Saturday, June 12, 2010

Chicken Little and Littler

I've been sidetracked from my usual work by knitting chickens for a few days. I ordered this great yarn to make the black speckles and at about the same time that it came in I found out that my friend has a room decorated with chick-themed things so I had to have some chicken-knitting time. No choice.

The chicken is from a Blue Sky Alpaca pattern. The yarn is bits that I had about (Lorna's Laces and Araucania) and the white-with-black-speckles that I ordered from owool on etsy.

The chick is a free pattern from Purl Bee. He is from some leftover Beaverslide Dry Goods (I love that yarn and their website!) mixed with some leftover Anny Blatt mohair and a bit of random yellow cotton.

Until I get some real chickens (which we are considering doing), these two gals are being amusing enough.

No comments: