Friday, May 23, 2008

Still here although Silent

I haven't gone anywhere. There just isn't much of note happening. I'm still working on the quilt, the scarf, and the panda. Maybe I'll have a finished project to show off in a few days.

Or maybe my sudden silence here could also be linked to my recent obsession with Douglas Fairbanks. Senior (pause a la Orson Welles). I have long known about him, by virtue of my interest in silent film but, somehow, had managed never to see one of his movies. Until I saw Robin Hood recently at Film Forum. He is HILARIOUS. As well as acrobatic and amazing. I can't even count the number of times he jumped onto or off of a moving horse or climed up a sheer wall (and, according to Orson, he did this in real life as well). So now I have the dvd of The Mark of Zorro and Don Q: The Son of Zorro (in which he plays his own son, in true silent movie style) and I have been holding up our Netflix queue for a couple of weeks now because I refuse to give him back.



Here is some more Orson Welles action for you, just in case you didn't get enough from the bit above!

No comments: