Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Since the Last Time I Saw You


Hello there! I'm sorry for my extended absence. It turns out that handmaking all Christmas gifts and then driving from Oklahoma City to Upstate New York (straight through) is both time-consuming and tiring. But I'm back now. And happy new year to you all!

I just love paperwhites. That's been a major event of the last few weeks is that the ones I bought from the farmer's market are blooming. And have to be continually re-staked because they are so tall!

Also in the past couple of weeks we spent New Year's Eve here at the house with a couple of friends, playing cards. The fire actually refrained from smoking and it was a cozy and lovely evening. We even had a potluck dinner between the 4 of us. ("Company chicken", toffee candy similar to 7-layer bars, and my favorite broccoli soup)

And finally, I'm happy to finally be able to reveal some of the Christmas gifts which kept me so busy throughout December. (Not pictured, I made several of Liesl's gorgeous little boats and 4 pair of Toasty Mitts.)

Perhaps the largest project was this throw quilt for my parents. It was actually completely finished (I am notorious for giving unfinished gifts, as perhaps are most crafters) and the largest quilt I've totally finished to date. I think it looks very nice in their living room so I'm happy that it got done, even if I had to go through 2 walking feet to get it there (I think the first one was just poorly made -- it only managed to quilt 3 potholders and half of this quilt before breaking).

Here I am wearing the hat I made for my husband's step father, Howard. I hope it fits him better than it fits me!


Snowmen from this pattern (found via 2MayBoys and the Trim the Tree swap). I love these little guys!

2 comments:

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Hi there I popped over here to see whether there were any early pics of your Lumiere star quilt - I'd love to see what you're doing. I have to say, I never would have picked that layer cake out for myself but I really really love it and may be a French General fan from now on.

Amy Seven-Stitches said...

I hope the paper whites are still going strong. We have them everywhere at our place. They really are prolific and early. it gives me hope for the rest of the spring flowers.