Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Swap


Here is the first bit of promised swap-info. This was from the Autumn/Halloween Swap on ravelry. It was the first ravelry swap I participated in, and I joined the day that I finally joined ravelry. It was a lot of fun, although I do find the flickr swaps a bit more active and easy to post updates too. But maybe it's just because I'm more familiar with flickr. Probably so.

Anyway, above you have my lovely swap goodies. I must apologise here to slippergirl for taking so long to get this photo posted. At least it's up in time for Halloween! As I mentioned, I've been somewhat preoccupied with this Christmas crafting.

I am especially happy to have some point protectors (believe it or not, in the 10 years I've been knitting, I've never owned a single point protector -- and there were certainly times when I should have been using one!) and crazy flavors of candy corn. I've never had either of these before. And I think I'll be using the yarn for yet another gift in the next couple of months so that's certainly a good thing to have! Thank you so much, slippergirl, for all of the fun loot!

Below is a photo of the things that I sent to my swap partner. My favorite thing to make/gather was the "boo" wall hanging. I just had a few Halloween bits about and once I started sewing them together, it became one of those most fun of all projects where it all just seems to magically work out and go together and fit. That doesn't happen often, I can tell you! There is also a skein of cascade 220, some Martha cupcake papers, candles made near my house, a tin full of candy corn, fingerless mitts, knit by me, and a project bag I sewed up.

Not included in this photo but in the package were a whole bunch of candy corn and a great Halloween pattern designed by Thea. It's felted (which my partner, Cary, seems to like to do), and super-cute. If you knit and are into Halloween, you should go check it out!

No comments: