Friday, July 30, 2010

And Now for Something I Made



Although there have been few posts lately about things I've made, there has still been making going on. Most particularly, I made curtains (granted, they are more simple than roman shades but they're still curtains) for my kitchen window. Which is a very good thing because washing dishes at this sink when it is dark outside and all you can see are the ghostly white seed pods floating in space is not a fun experience. Now I'll be able to look at pleasant curtains instead!

I used Lena's book, Printing by Hand, for the basics on freezer paper stenciling (like which side to iron to the fabric and what kind of ink to buy) and then just had a fun time with the printing.


It was all as simple as the book makes it sound and her directions were super-easy to follow. The pattern is my own sketch, traced and repeated onto the freezer paper.



very before

after painting, before curtains


finished


As an added bonus, I now feel more confident to work on one of my proposed Alabama Chanin projects, having I've stenciled on fabric.

1 comment:

susan said...

oh they did turn out so loverly. its funny. i have a nekkid window in my kitchen and i have been hemming and hawing about what to do!! i want something with red and white but havent found the perfect fabric, and then there is the whole, how will i hang them dilemna!!! what paint did you use?