Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Where I Got This Habit

I see lately where I get my Unfinished Project Gene! In the world of Unfinished Projects, this one is a doozy. My mom swears that she didn't start these until shortly before I was born but the date on this special offer begs to differ (I guess I'm going to have to find my own frame for this one):

Up at the top there, it says "Prices effective through June 1,1975". Not that it has anything to do with the length of time this project has been waiting for completetion, but I also get a kick out of the line below that that reads, "Dear Sirs: Please send me the handsome hardwood frame as pictured on this package. . ." Now THAT'S marketing! I feel convinced that I must have this "handsome" frame! Too bad it's 30 years too late for it.


Isn't the embroidery the cutest though! And I love that my mom made it for me when I was a baby. Maybe it's a little late to be for baby me but I'm still going to enjoy it to it's fullest. And when I get around to getting a frame made for it, I'll even hang it on the wall. Surely it will take me less than 30 years to get it framed. But you never do know! Maybe by the time my mother finishes the other little girl that she started at the same time as this one, I will have managed to have the 2 frames made.

No comments: